Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kathryn Elise

Whew...it has been quite a while since my last post, but I think I have good reason! We had an incredibly busy summer--VBS, a mission trip with our youth, family vacation, church camp, Joseph's mission trip to Africa, and oh yeah-HAVING A BABY!! It was a wonderful summer- and the very best day of all was August 9th!

I woke up very early that morning-around 6 or so. Joseph went out for a run and his last words to me were, "Don't go into labor while I'm gone". (He was obviously joking because my due date wasn't unil August 25th so we thought we had a few more weeks) Well I followed Joseph's orders, but just barely. Joseph got home from his run and about ten minutes later, my water broke! He called the doctor and we headed over to the hospital. I was so nervous and excited! By the time we got to the third floor of the hospital I could hardly breathe because I was so anxious! Thankfully, a dear friend of ours, Carrie Rogers works in labor and delivery and she was one of the first faces I saw when we got off of the elevator! Knowing that she was going to be there with us every step of the way made me breathe a little easier! By 8:45 am we were all checked in and in a room and then the wating began...although, looking back it all seems to have gone by so fast! Around 5:00 pm or so my doctor told me that I wasn't progressing like he would have liked me to and suggested a c-section. By 5:45 I was in the OR! It was the weirdest feeling in the entire world, knowing that within about 10 minutes I would finally see my baby!

Kathryn Elise Horton was born at 6:15 pm on August 9th! I remember the feeling I had when I heard her cry for the first time and it brings tears to my eyes everytime I think of it! I also remember the feeling of overwhelming excitement when Carrie brought her around for me to see and said, "Here's your daughter!" I didn't even know what to think! It was an amazing feeling! Then when she and Joseph left for the nursery I COULD NOT stop crying! I was so overwhelmed. She was finally here!




And now here we are... she is almost 2 months old! It wasn't that long ago that I had fears of not being able to have a child, that I found out we were expecting, and we dreamed of what she would look like! Now we have her here with us!



We have so many hopes and dreams for Elise. We hope that she continues to be happy and healthy. We hope that she is confident. We hope that someday she can have sibilings and share the awesome realationship with them that Joseph and I have with our brothers. We hope that she has good friends. We hope she is kind and respectful. We hope that she will learn to love and laugh. We hope that someday, (a long, long time from now), she will find a man whom she loves, who will stick with her through anything. But most of all, we pray that she will come to know and love the Lord and put him first in everything.



We have only had our sweet baby girl for 2 months now, but I can't imagine my life without Kathryn Elise Horton!

1 comment: