Monday, October 18, 2010

You Make Me SMILE!

Oh, it isn't any trouble just to S-M-I-L-E! I love to smile! I love how a smile can light up your entire face. I love that a smile can let a person know how you feel without even saying a word!

Recently I have been thinking a lot about smiling since Elise has started to smile! (And I mean REALLY smile--it's not just gas anymore.) There are a lot of things that make me smile, but here are just a few:
  • My hilarious husband.
  • Being a mommy to my precious baby girl.
  • When Joseph comes in the door from work in the afternoons and our dog Max freaks out as if he hasn't seen him in years.
  • Being an aunt.
  • Spending time with friends.
  • Hanging out with my family.
  • Watching the Food Network and trying new recipes.
  • Finding a good sale.
  • Listening to a good song.
I love to watch others smile as well.  Here are a few of my all-time favorite smiles:
  • The smile I saw on Joseph's face when I walked down the aisle to meet him on the day of our wedding.
  • The smile I see on my sweet nephew Luke's face everytime he sees La La and Joe. ( I can't wait til Owen is old enough to be that excited to see us!)
                                           
  • The smile I saw on Joseph's face when he looked at me right after Elise was born and said, "It really is a girl!"
  • The smile I get to see on my sweet Elise's face when Joseph and I talk to her and play with her.

There is nothing like seeing a smile on the face of someone you love!

2 comments:

  1. Elise is the perfect mix of you and Joseph! I see both of you guys in her! So beautiful! I can't really think of many times when you haven't been smiley smiley and I've know you for a loooong time :) Thanks for always brightening everyone else's day with YOUR beautiful smile! Love you and that little Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lauren! She is so pretty!!! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete