Monday, November 14, 2011

Our Little Parrot

It's amazing and a little scary (actually it's really scary) just how much Elise mimics us.  She tries to say the things we say, she loves getting the broom and sweeping the floor like we do, holding the cell phone to her ear and talking,  picking up my flat iron and putting it up to her hair (luckily not while it's on), and she loves to laugh when we laugh.  It really makes me stop and think when she does something that I know she has seen me do, or mimics the tone of my voice.  It makes me think about the awesome responsibility God has given us as her parents! It makes me want to be a better person and say and do things that I want Elise to say and do.   I pray that God gives us the wisdom to act in a way that will point Elise to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment