Friday, August 12, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes!

What a year!! On August 9, 2010 our precious baby Kathryn Elise came into this world...our lives were instantly changed!
And now, here we are...one year later!  I remember bringing her home, we were so nervous about every peep she made.  I can't believe that was a whole year ago! Since when does a year go by so quickly?
Each day has been better than the last!  We have loved every new stage and each new accomplishment.  Elise has brought us so much joy and laughter!  I can hardly remember life before she came along.  Now her personality is showing more each day!  She, like her parents, loves to make everyone laugh and she loves to smile!  She loves sweet potatoes and her lovie!  She laughs every time she hears the theme song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She loves to take every book off of her bookshelf one by one.  She hates to be still! And although the thought of her growing up makes me cry (and a little scared), I look forward to watching her grow into the person that God has designed her to be.  I hold on to the verse from Jeremiah that is painted in Elise's room, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.  Before you were born I set you apart."  What a comfort to know that the Lord knows my baby girl and He has a plan for her!  I pray that she will always follow His plan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment