Saturday, June 5, 2010

Plans vs. Prayers


I've always known I wanted to be a Mommy! Joseph and I have always known that we wanted to have a family. We are both "planners" and so we planned to wait a few years after we got married to start our family. We have been married 3 years this summer so we had begun discussing the possibility of starting our family. We were also planning a mission trip to Ghana, West Africa in July. I thought that we would plan to start our family after this summer!
I only had one fear...I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and have been told by doctors that getting pregnant would be a challange for me. I feared that it would take many, many years to conceive. I have always prayed that God would help us get pregnant when we started trying. I THOUGHT that was a good prayer. Then one day in mid-December I realized that my prayer was totally dependent on MY timing! I changed my prayer that day to ask God to give us a child on HIS time. After I started to pray this prayer I had a peace that God would give us a child someday. (However, I honestly believed that HIS timing would fit into mine and we would get pregnant sometime after our trip to Africa.)

On December 26th we found out that we were expecting!! I took a pregnancy test at 4:00 am and it was positive! I ran to wake Joseph and all he could say (as he was blinded by the bright light) was, "What does two lines mean?" We were scared but very excited!! We knew that God was at work in the conception of this child.

I have always believed in the power of prayer, however this lesson from God has really made me think about my planning vs. His planning. How wonderful it is to serve a God who has a plan for my life! I pray that we will be able to teach our sweet baby girl that God has a plan for her life and may we always follow that plan!

1 comment:

  1. God has truly blessed us, hasn't He? I am so thankful for all three of you! (Four if you count Max a blessing -- haha!) I love you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete