Monday, April 25, 2011

"Savor Every Moment"



“Savor every moment.”  I cannot even begin to count the number of times I have heard this phrase since my baby was born!  In the beginning I thought it was just something older folks were supposed to say to new parents.  Recently, however, friends of ours had a baby and I was amazed at just how “grown up” Elise seemed beside the 8 day old!  She is only 8 and ½ months old but she seemed so big compared to the tiny newborn.  As we drove away, Joseph and I discussed how we have already forgotten so many little things about those first few days and weeks of Elise’s life.  It makes me want to cry to think about how fast these first 8 months of her life have gone by.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to stay in this moment forever, I look forward to all the exciting things we have to come.  It simply made me want to “savor every moment”.  It made me want to enjoy even more every time I put Elise to bed or hear her talking in the morning.  Some days it is so easy to get caught up the frustrations of being a parent (like the fact that I don’t think I will EVER make it through an entire worship service again) or the things I “have” to accomplish that I forget to enjoy every sweet sound, every silly face, and even every diaper I get to change!  How wonderful our life would be if we really could “savor every moment”.


No comments:

Post a Comment