Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Things that Matter

It's amazing just how quickly we can start to feel sorry for ourselves! Today while Elise was napping I decided I was going to get out the ole' sewing machine and play around. (I really know NOTHING about sewing but I was given a machine so I would like to learn a little.)  I was doing good for a while but then something went wrong on the machine (I don't even know enough to explain the problem) and it was SO frustrating! I tried and tried to fix it to no avail so I decided I would just put the machine up! Then I looked around and started to get mad about how messy the house was and how badly the dishwasher needed to be unloaded (and reloaded with the dishes that have now piled up in the sink waiting for me to unload it), how dirty my floors are, etc.  But instead of getting some things done around the house, I decided (in my frustration) that I would just sit down and watch the Food Network (my favorite channel).  Just a few short minutes later I heard Elise waking up from her nap.  I walked into her room and I was greeted with this sweet face...


And somehow I managed to put it all into perspective! I realized that I don't have to learn how to sew today, that the dishes aren't going anywhere, and that my floors don't have to be spotless!! I remembered  that I am extremely blessed!  I have a house to clean and more importantly an incredible husband and a precious healthy baby! It's so easy to feel sorry for ourselves because of all we "have" to do but it's a whole lot more enjoyable when we remember and are thankful for the things that matter!  May God help us to see what is important and  praise Him for the things that matter!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! This is so the truth! Oh and I love your blog background. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete